Housekeeping deals with maintenance and hygiene of premises and all associated services. We provide solutions you need to keep your office and commercial premises in great shape. Here is how we set up area, equipment, and chemicals before cleaning your Office.
Organize access for cleaning
Before we start cleaning, we make sure we have access to all parts of the area to be cleaned.
- Most routine cleaning duties do not require moving furniture. We only move chairs when cleaning under desks.
- We may need to clean around heavy items such as filing cabinets and bookshelves.
- We check with the site manager or client before we disconnect and move electrical items, such as computers.
Which power points are suitable to use
- We check with the site manager or client before we plug any cleaning equipment into a power point.
- Some power points are only suitable for highly specialized electrical equipment, such as computers.
Cleaning equipment, chemicals, and PPE
Using barricades and warning signs :
When cleaning floors and bathrooms during working hours we may need to block access to an area until the floor is clean and dry. This is particularly the case when cleaning bathrooms. We use barricades or warning signs to prevent people from walking on WET floors. We place warning signs at the entrances and/or exits of the area we are cleaning.
We do a thorough check of the premises before initialising the services and keep a detailed eye on all the area cautiously in order to notice any existing damage (if any) at the work site. Any damage is reported to the supervisor immediately. We also make sure if changes to cleaning tasks or additional cleaning activities are required that would better meet our client’s needs. If we think our cleaning specification requires changing we discuss this with the supervisor and make appropriate changes.
The Cleaner’s Trolley
A fully stocked cleaner’s trolley always helps clean efficiently. We do not waste time by going back to the cleaner’s room for additional supplies. The chemicals, equipment, and consumable required on a cleaner’s trolley will vary depending on the type of facility being cleaned. However, as a general rule our cleaner’s trolley has following items:
- Floor safety signs
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE); gloves and protective eyewear
- Neutral detergent – safe on all surfaces
- Window cleaner/ streak free spray and wipe
- Toilet bowl cleaner
- Additional chemicals may include carpet spotters, polishes, disinfectants, air-fresheners
- Waste bin liners
- Toilet paper
- Paper hand towels
- Hand soap for toilets
- Cleaning cloths and microfibre cloths
- High dusting tools
- Mop and bucket (optional – requires large trolley) Micro-fibre floor mops
- Vacuum cleaner (optional – requires large trolley)
Safety problems with electrical equipment
Before commencing any cleaning we check all our equipment and make sure they are in good working order. We do not use faulty cleaning equipment.
The problems we look for include:
- Leads, plugs and electrical wiring – we look for cuts, fraying and exposed wires
- Excessive vibration
- Excessive noise from the motor or gearbox
- Vacuum system not working
- We make sure our electrical equipment has a current electrical tag
Preparing chemicals & PPE
- We only use detergents specifically designed for the surfaces we are cleaning
- We always read the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for the chemical we are using. It will give us information about: What protective clothing to wear; first aid information; properties of the chemical; and health hazard information; storage and transport information
- We read the label for instructions to dilute and use the detergent
- We wear gloves and protective eye wear when diluting concentrated chemicals
- We pour the amount of chemical we need from the chemical bottle into a well-labeled measuring cup. We Never tip or pour directly from the container.
These precautions and a procedural set up makes us maintain our quality with maximum efficiency and makes us avoid any hazards
About MSG Personnel Vision Pvt Ltd – Facility Management Services
MSG Personnel Vision Pvt. Ltd. (MSG) is a premier facility management services resource which helps companies achieve highest levels of competence in various areas of business operations. Clients can achieve excellence in their desired areas of business operations by employing a tested process that guarantees constant improvement.
MSG strives to achieve industry leadership by persisting with our stated objectives of pursuing the highest standards of ethics and values. We have been gaining accolades for our excellent and unrivalled customer service and our adherence to the highest standards of quality.
We work at Pan India level and are providing Facility Management Services including both Soft & Hard Services at locations like Delhi/NCR, Bengaluru, Punjab (Amritsar, Ludhiana, Chandigarh etc), Rajasthan (Jaipur, Jodhpur, Alwar etc), Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad (Telangana) and other locations.